I wanted to touch base on something that I battle with everyday ... people confusing 'opinions' with 'truths'.
Much like the idea of "Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world" ~ Arthur Schopenhauer.
People think that because they don't know anyone who has recovered, that recovery isn't possible. People think that if recovery is possible, it must be the exception and not the rule. People think that their way is the only way to do something because they haven't seen it done any other way.
I'm here to tell you today that:
1) Addiction is not a disease like cancer
2) That recovery IS the norm not the exception
3) That there are a multitude of ways out of addiction
4) That a holistic (meaning treating all aspects of the person) approach is the most effective way to deal with addiction
5) That you can do it all on your own, as long as you get out of your environment
6) That NOTHING will happen until you choose to change!
I hope this all made you think, as that is the best thing I can do to try and help you ... help you to think differently about you, and about the world around you!
Have a wonderful day!
Who am I?
I have been called "Sirthinkalot" and "The mender of souls." I am an addiction specialist and a full-time psychology student on the way to Dr. Davis in clinical psychology. I am currently crusading for the expedited paradigm shift in addiction recovery!